The National Scholarship Portal is a government initiative that covers a wide range of scholarships, starting from Class 1st to PhD degree. After successful verification by NSP, the scholarship amount will be directly credited to the student’s account through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT). You can easily track the current status of your NSP scholarship payment through the portal.
- 1 National Scholarship Portal 2023
- 2 National Scholarship Portal NSP Why it was created?
- 3 How students can benefit from it?
- 4 National Scholarship Portal NSP Various scholarships it covers
- 5 National Scholarship Portal NSP Central Schemes
- 6 UGC Schemes
- 7 AICTE Schemes
- 8 National Scholarship Portal NSP Key Documents Required
- 9 Eligibility Criteria For Ishan Uday Special Scholarship Scheme
- 10 How can you apply for a scholarship?
- 11 FAQS? National Scholarship Portal 2023
National Scholarship Portal 2023
The National Scholarship Portal is a platform where students can apply for various scholarship schemes offered by the central and state government. The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Government of India has launched this portal. With NSP, beneficiaries can easily check the status of their scholarship applications. If you’re interested in obtaining a government scholarship, you can apply online on the National Scholarship Portal by following the given procedure. As of 21st August 2020, fresh applications are being accepted. This means that students no longer need to visit government offices to apply for scholarships. Simply visit the official website and apply for the scholarship of your choice.
National Scholarship Portal NSP Why it was created?
You may wonder why the National Scholarship Portal was created in the first place. The key objectives behind its creation are:
- To ensure timely disbursement of scholarships to eligible students.
- To offer a common platform for both Central and State Government scholarships.
- To create a transparent database of scholars.
- To eliminate duplication that may occur during the application processing.
- To standardize the various scholarships and their norms.
- To ensure the application of Direct Benefit Transfer DBT for scholarship disbursement.
How students can benefit from it?
Having understood the advantages provided by the National Scholarship Portal to students, it’s important to know how to make the most of this platform:
Begin by checking your eligibility for the NSP scholarships that are available. Next, register yourself with the National Scholarship Portal and apply for the scholarship that you qualify for. Submit your application online without any difficulty. The authorities will verify your application online, and you can track the status of your application through the portal. If your application is successfully verified, the scholarship amount will be credited directly to your account via Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT). You can check the current status of NSP scholarship payment via the portal.
National Scholarship Portal NSP Various scholarships it covers
Known for its nationwide reach, the National Scholarship Portal covers almost all types of scholarships for students studying in class 1 to PhD level. The variety of scholarships that the NSP covers are majorly categorized under the following sections –
- Central schemes
- UGC schemes
- AICTE schemes
- State schemes
National Scholarship Portal NSP Central Schemes
Different department operating under the Government of India runs a number of scholarships to help students pursue their dream academic career without any financial constraint. The renowned providers in the realm of scholarships include the Ministry of Minority Affairs (MOMA), Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (DEPwD), Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment (MSJE), Ministry of Labour and Employment (MLE), Ministry of Tribal Affairs (MTA), Department of Higher Education (DHE) and more.
You can apply for all scholarships that are being offered by the central government through the National Scholarship Portal under the Central Schemes section. Please find the cumulative list of central NSP scholarships in the table given below.
The University Grants Commission (UGC) is a well-known statutory organization of the Indian government that operates under the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD). Its primary goal is to regulate, establish, and maintain the standards of higher education in India. The UGC is responsible for accrediting universities throughout the country and providing them with financial support. Additionally, the UGC administers a few scholarship programs for students pursuing higher education.
The following list contains the UGC scholarship schemes that are available on the National Scholarship Portal.
Regarded as the national-level council for technical education and a statutory body, AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education) functions under the Department of Higher Education, MHRD. Operating since 1945, AICTE looks after the coordinated development and proper planning for both technical as well as management education systems in India. Despite offering approval to postgraduate and undergraduate programs under specified categories, AICTE also offers a number of scholarships for students to ensure that financial constraint does not become a blocking stone in their professional career. Please find the names of those NSP scholarships in the list hereunder.
National Scholarship Portal NSP Key Documents Required
While applying for any scholarship on NSP, the students are required to upload certain documents to complete the application process. However, for the scholarship amount less than INR 50,000, the students are not required to upload any document. They need to submit the copy of documents in their respective schools/college/institute. For all other scholarships, the students should keep the following documents handy –
- Bank Passbook
- Educational documents
- Aadhaar number
- Domicile Certificate (as specified in the respective scholarship guidelines)
- Income Certificate (as specified in the respective scholarship guidelines)
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- Bonafide student certificate from school/institute (if the institute/school is different from the domicile state of the applicant)
Eligibility Criteria For Ishan Uday Special Scholarship Scheme
- The applicant must belong to domiciles of North Eastern states including Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Manipur, Mizoram, Tripura, and Nagaland ( for Ishan Uday special scholarship scheme only)
- The applicant must be a single girl child in the family (twin daughters can also apply) (only for PG Indira Gandhi Scholarship for single girl child)
- An applicant’s age should be less than 30 years
- The family income of the applicant must be less than 4.5 lakh
- The applicant must have taken admission in the first year of any degree course(Ishan Uday scholarship).
- The applicant must have taken admitted in the first year of the regular master’s degree program (PG Indira Gandhi scholarship)
How can you apply for a scholarship?
In order to stay advantaged with the scholarships mentioned above, you need to register yourself on NSP through Student Login. However, before applying for a scholarship, the students need to make sure that their current educational institution is registered on the portal. If the institution is not registered on the portal, the student would not be able to apply for any scholarship. The portal also has the provision for the institutions to register themselves, if not already registered. What are the steps to be followed to apply for a scholarship? Well! Here is a step-by-step description of how you can apply for an NSP scholarship through national scholarship portal
To search for an institute on the portal, follow these steps:
Go to the homepage of the portal. Click on the ‘Search for Institute’ button. Enter the necessary information and obtain the list of institutions. If the desired institution is not registered, candidates may request their institutions to register on the portal by clicking here.
Step 2: Registering with National Scholarship Portal (NSP)
- Go to the Home Page of the National Scholarship Portal.
- Click on the ‘New Registration’ button.
- A page containing Guidelines for Registration on NSP will appear. Read these guidelines carefully.
- Click on ‘Continue’ to proceed with the registration process.
- Fill in all the required details.
- Click on ‘Register’.
- Once you have successfully registered, you will receive a student application ID and password on your registered mobile number.
Step 3: Logging in with National Scholarship Portal
- Click on the login button to start the scholarship application.
- Enter the application ID and password received on your registered number.
Step 4: Change the password (A mandatory step)
- Upon successful login, you will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number.
- Verify the OTP.
- You will be directed to change the password page.
- Change the password and continue.
Step 5: Enter the Dashboard
- Once the password is changed, you will be directed to Applicant’s Dashboard Page.
- Click on ‘Application Form’ to start the application.
- Fill in all registration details, academic details and basic details.
- Click on ‘Save & Continue’.
- Add contact details, scheme details and upload necessary documents.
- Click on ‘Save as Draft’ (To confirm if you have entered correct information)
- Once confirmed, click on ‘Final Submit’ button. National Scholarship Portal User Dashboard
तो दोस्तों आपको कैसी लगी यह National Scholarship Portal 2023 कि जानकारी तो हमें कमेंट बॉक्स में बताना न भूलें और अगर आपका इस लेख से जुड़ा कोई सवाल या सुझाव है तो हमें जरूर बताएं। और दोस्तों अगर आपको यह आर्टिकल पसंद आया हो तो इसे लाइक और कमेंट करें और दोस्तों के साथ शेयर भी करें।
Disclaimer: दोस्तों, हमारी वेबसाइट (liveyojana.com) सरकार द्वारा चलाई जाने वाली वेबसाइट नहीं है,ना ही किसी सरकारी मंत्रालय से इसका कुछ लेना देना है | यह ब्लॉग किसी व्यक्ति विशेष द्वारा द्वारा चलाया गया है। हमारी पूरी कोशिश रहती की एकदम सटीक जानकारी अपने पाठकों तक पहुँचाया जाए।
लेकिन लाख कोशिशों के बावजूद भी गलती की सम्भावना को नकारा नहीं जा सकता। इस ब्लॉग के हर आर्टिकल में आधिकारिक वेबसाइट की जानकारी दी जाती है। हमारा सुझाव है कि हमारा लेख पढ़ने के साथ-साथ आप आधिकारिक वेबसाइट से भी जानकारी जरूर लीजिये । अगर किसी लेख में कोई त्रुटि लगती है तो आपसे आग्रह है कि हमें जरूर बताएं।
इस आर्टिकल को अंत तक पढ़ने के लिए धन्यवाद…!!
Posted By-Govinda Rauniyar
nsp login check status nsp login check status nsp login check status nsp login check status nsp scholarship last date nsp scholarship last date nsp scholarship last date nsp scholarship last date nsp scholarship amount check nsp scholarship amount check nsp scholarship amount check nsp scholarship amount check nsp scholarship eligibility nsp scholarship eligibility nsp scholarship eligibility nsp scholarship eligibility nsp scholarship eligibilitynsp scholarship last date nsp scholarship eligibility
FAQS? National Scholarship Portal 2023
Ans, Scholarship will be awarded to the students who have secured more than 50% marks in the previous final examination and annual income of their parents/guardian from all sources does not exceed Rs. 1.00 lakh.
Ans, National Scholarship Portal 2023 – Scholarships by Department of Higher Education. For UG Courses- Rs. 10000/- per annum. For PG Courses- Rs. 20000/- per annum.
Ans, Scholarship for studying in any class will be available for only one year. If a student has to repeat a class, he/she would not get scholarship for a second (or subsequent) year. e.
Ans, Only those candidates who belong to OBCs so specified in relation to the State/UT to which the applicant actually belongs, i.e. permanently settled and who have passed the Matriculation or Higher secondary or any higher examination of a recognized University or Board of Secondary Education will be eligible